I received a Liebster Award from a fellow Sweat Pink Ambassador, Melissa at 13 Going on Crazy and at first was like “what the heck?” but then I was reading all about it and its actually a pretty cool thing. Someone nominates your blog because they like it. Its like, “Hey, your blog is really great…and so are you! Keep up the great work!” Yay!
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
- Then answer the questions the tagger sent for them, plus create 11 questions for the people they’ve tagged to answer.
- Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
- Notify the people you have tagged.
- No tag backs.
So 11 things about me (like I can’t talk about myself enough already 😉 )
- I am an only child. I grew up really close to my cousins so I always thought they were my brothers and sister. Brittney and I grew up literally as sisters because she was an only child too.
- I can’t roll my tongue. In Biology class we did a study about it and I found out that I got the 2 recessive genes from my parents so therefore I cannot do any cool tricks with my tongue. 1 in 4 chance and I got the the crappy tongue gene LOL.
- I hate the taste of unflavored water. The only time I drink it is while running. Otherwise I gotta flavor it with something.
- I also hate cucumbers. The smell, the taste, everything about them. Yuck.
- I got bitten by a brown recluse when I was young and so now I am deathly afraid of any spiders. I still have a small scar from the bite.
- I can’t dive anymore. I used to do it all the time when I was little, but somehow I lost the ability.
- I was on the President’s List and Honor Roll at Le Cordon Bleu. I wanted really good grades so I didn’t have to settle for a job I didn’t want.
- I love yoga, but dislike the uncomfortableness during the practice. Thats totally weird I know, but I love to feel comfortable doing it and when the teacher pushes me I panic a bit.
- I love to read chick-lit books. They are cheesy, but I adore them. Something Borrowed and Something Blue are my 2 favorites.
- I eat cake almost every day. My life is so hard.
- I won tickets to Hanson when I was in 3rd grade and took my cousin Brittney. We even got our picture with them and I still have it to this day.
The questions I was sent from Melissa at 13 Going on Crazy
- What is your post from your blog are you the most proud of and why? Running the Savannah River Bridge Run, it was the hardest thing I’ve ever done. My time was awful due to an injury, but I loved every second of it. I was more afraid/excited/anxious/elated and it was a great achievement.
- What is your favorite time of year? Fall! Its great for running, my wedding anniversary is in October along with my birthday.
- What is your favorite fitness activity? Running. I find it to be my only “me” time and I love it, I feel free when running. There is no real stress on the mind when running, even on bad run there is a silver lining to each run.
- What meal/food do you cook best? Chicken. Any chicken dish I find myself good at it.
- What are you most likely to do on a day off? Run and lay on the couch. I hate cleaning on my days off.
- Do you prefer summer or winter? Why? Winter. I live in the South, our summers are brutal. Its not just dry heat, its wet-sticky humid heat. Our winters are mild, it feels great with chill air.
- What is your favorite movie? Spirit of The Marathon.
- If you could be a super hero with special powers who would it be and why? Wonder Woman. Only for her outfit.
- What’s your favorite thing about the town you live in? The history! Savannah is full of it, and the squares are gorgeous.
- If you could live during any time period when would it be and why? I’d like to live in the 1920’s, live like I belong in The Great Gatsby. That would be so much fun!
- What is your favorite song? Right now, Dark Side by Kelly Clarkson. Its really soothing when running…which is totally weird.
So the people I am happily tagging are:
Jenelle at Mile Twenty Eight
Jaci L at Engaged and Running
Kayla M at Keep Moving Forward
Anne at Dashing Dane
Katie at Faith & Funfetti
Janae at Hungry Runner Girl
Jenn at Run it My Way
Kaycie at Savvy Sassy Me
Katie at Keeping Up With Katie
Amy at Pumpkin to Princess
Jennifer B at Running With the Girls
My questions for y’all are:
- What is your favorite dessert?
- Are you more into yoga or running?
- What was your most memorable vacation?
- Coke or Pepsi fan?
- Who is your favorite college football team?
- What is one thing you cannot live without and why?
- How did you get into blogging?
- Also, how did you get to the name of your blog?
- When was your favorite race and why is it your favorite?
- What is one luxury you cannot live without?
- Your favorite song to run to right now is what?
Tag, you’re it! Have fun!