So watching Savannah icon, Paula Deen, I figured instead of Zach and I ordering in our favorite chinese I’d actually make dinner. Always forget I went to culinary school and I can actually cook, crazy right? (FYI: Paula Deen just screamed, “my rings are messin up my dough yall!” must be hard having large carats on your hands 24/7) So here is a quick, and super easy recipe. All you need is a crock pot and ingredients. Easy enough!
Sunday Best Chicken (where the name came from, no clue but thats what I still call it).
In case you can’t read that the list of ingredients are:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or 8 chicken tenders)
- 4-6 slices of American cheese, enough to cover all the chicken
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- a 6 oz. box of chicken stuffing mix
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, melted
1. Place chicken on bottom of crock pot; sprinkle with S&P or Lawry’s Season Salt
2. Place cheese slices over chicken.
3. Mix cream of celery soup and sour cream, spoon and spread over chicken and cheese.
4. Sprinkle stuffing mix over cream of celery soup/sour cream mix, drizzle with melted butter.
5. Cover, cook on LOW for 5-6 hours or HIGH for 3 hours.
I use just Kroger or Publix brand products, so which ever grocery store you have, generic is fine to use. Plus it saves you money (score!) the only thing you don’t see is my chicken tenders. Its already in the crock pot.
Ah, melted butter. My favorite thing, I mean is there anything better? No.
Pour the butter over all the stuffing. Yum, it should be like this and just cover and wait for the delicious meal that awaits you!
Once its all done, just stick a fork in there and get a serving. It really is delicious, I served it to my guests the day before my wedding when we were making bouquets, etc. They all raved about it, even requested the recipe. So if you’re stuck on dinner, just try this!