New Wife, New Life

So I am a fresh-newlywed. Saturday was amazing. I honestly wish I could remember everything, but sadly I can’t. It went by so fast! Lets start from the beginning, shall we?

First I got up, got my stuff together while Zach was still sleeping and my mom and I headed out towards my cousin’s and MOH’s hotel room. We started the day off with hair…at 9 am. Bright and early! It was quite a fun process. Never have I had so much hairspray in my life (I still have it in my hair, gross I know..I haven’t washed my hair is Sunday) then Denise, the Bobbie Brown make-up artist came and did wonders on my skin. I told her I haven’t had a full night’s sleep and the circles under my eyes were horrid. She made them disappear. Then it came time for the dress. I’ll give you a sneak peek from the day and all these photos were taken by my mom, so forgive us (I love you mom). So here is a glimpse of the dress!

Ta-da! Wondering what that blue ribbon is? Its my secret “Something Blue”, I saw it in Martha Stewart Wedding’s magazine and couldn’t wait to do it. Here is a closer view,

After the dress, came time to finish my hair. Then the veil came on. This was my favorite part of getting ready. For one it finally gave me a chance to see myself as a Bride. Second, it meant the time was close to leave and get married!

I loved my veil, it was a cathedral length with a fingertip blusher. The funny thing about that veil is it wasn’t my original. The one I actually ordered never came in, I waited until Friday..the day BEFORE my wedding to see if it would come. So with a quick trip to David’s Bridal I got this one, which I actually liked more AND! on sale. Woo hoo! My mom and I were so happy!

So after getting ready it was time to head out. The day was gloomy, and I was so scared I was going to be late because I was running late. Oops. Everything worked out. The first person I saw was my dad. He couldn’t get any words, just tears. I love my daddy. He finally uttered “you look so beautiful” and the water works came out hard. I started too, and finally snapped saying, “get it together!” So everything began, Zach’s back was turned so he couldn’t see me actually coming so when it time for him to turn it was magical. He lost it. As did I. I blew him a kiss from under my veil and my dad and I talked to ourselves the whole walk down. Surprisingly I was really calm for the ceremony. Zach was shaking like crazy and tearing up. I did cry, but I couldn’t stop smiling. I’ve never been so happy. We did the traditional vows and then read our own. Everyone was in tears, including our Reverend. The ceremony was so intimate and personal, everyone told us it was just so beautiful. It went by so fast.

Here is the new Mr. & Mrs. Nebel!

We are so cute. Just sayin’.

Next was the reception, at The Olde Pink House. First, the food was the main reason we picked the restaurant. Zach and I love the food, I mean love. So here is the first pic we took, totally original; our rings!

What comes next? Oh! Our drop-dead gorgeous-fabulous-sexy-uber-awesome-amazing cake! Did I mention I did the cake? Not design, but put together because hello thats my job and I had the best wedding cake shop do my cake…because I’m awesome.

So that was the start, middle, and now the end. Our big day ended with a classic “leave” from the restaurant. It was so cheesy.

My hair was done-zo by the end of the day. Sad. Must be why it looks like a rats rest on my head. I can’t brush it. But it helped with my “morning after” hairstyle. I did the fishtail braid again, because I’m totally great at it and I love it. This morning we actually joined my parents, and aunt and uncle, MOH and her fiance. We had us a fancy brunch, you know at Clary’s. Then we all joined hands and walked down River Street. Our final event was taking photos next to the candy store. Who else hangs out with their mom the day after they got married? Clearly only cool people like Zach and I.

Zach, my mom, and me. Zach’s face is so genuine. He loves his Mother-in-Law. Seriously.

So we are now MARRIED! and enjoying the first day & a half. We’re total lazy-butts and eating chinese watching Kim Kardashian’s 2 hour/2 day wedding special.

I hope to get our real photos soon from our special day, not saying my mom isn’t a fantastic photographer, but I really want to see what Sylvia took. She told us she took more photos than at any other wedding, like over 1,000 on her’s and then over 500 on Bryan’s. That really makes me want to see them.

Anyway, thanks for dropping by!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s