Its that wonderful time of year again. The time where we all come together around a brightly-lighted tree and rip open foil and paper wrapped packages.
If you are a runner or married/dating/friends with one here a couple of things they or you might want this year.
1. The next edition of your/their favorite running shoe. Hands down the BEST gift to give or get. Shoes are expensive. Especially when you go through 2 or more pairs a year. So for someone to buy them, that is like winning the lottery. For me, my major want is the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 14. I expect them from Santa under our tree.
2. GPS watch. Any brand, color, and style. A GPS watch is amazing! I really do love my Garmin Forerunner 405. It has helped me through many miles, and I find it more accurate than any other form of tracking distance and pace. They are rechargeable, light, and no annoying voiceover coming through your music. Warning: you/they will be come almost dependent on this awesome gadget.
3. A race entry “gift card” for their/your next big race! What a great gift for someone who is new to running or a seasoned pro wanting to run a new distance. It will keep motivation up, and it will let that person know how much you care about their wants to accomplish a goal.
4. Compression socks. A lifesaver. They are a must after long runs and for tired legs! I live 24/7 in my pairs. From socks to sleeves, compression socks are simply amazing. Get you some! Pro Compression is my favorite brand. They offer tall socks, race socks, and sleeves.
Pro Compression Marathon Socks
5. Lastly, and probably a great idea for never-ending running fuel. A 5lb. bag of Swedish Fish. They will love you forever. (Zach, I will love you forever )
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
What other items would be a great gift for a runner?
What was your favorite Christmas gift that was running related?